Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Check Off List

Sad to say, as my summer begins so does my list of things to accomplish.  I've already started checking off items on this list but it keeps growing. 
  1. Spend as much time as possible in the pool with my kids and hopefully by the end of the summer I'll have a kickin' tan and some children who can swim without floaties.
  2. Get my new 5th grade classroom organized.  I'm super excited to be teaching a more mature audience next year. 
  3. Clean out closets, dressers, and under beds.  Yuck!
  4. Clean out our bedroom and reorganize it.
  5. Read all 2010-2011 Sunshine State Young Readers Award books.  Three down and 12 to go!  May I recommend The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester. Awesome summer read. 

      6. Take the kids to a VBS or two.
      7. Enjoy a week at Sanibel, I can't wait!
      8. Make a few trips over to SeaWorld.
      9. Enjoy my days with my husband since I haven't seen him much with him working nights.
    10. Finish Competency 3 of my Reading Endorsement classes.  It goes all summer long, bummer!
    11. Sleep in!

So what about you? Any summer plans you'd like to share?

4 comments:

Janet said...

You forgot "Catch up with some friends I haven't seen in a long time."! Sounds like you have a great and busy summer planned. They always go by way too fast, don't they? I'm going to try to keep my kids entertained without breaking the bank (code for FREE) in between working night shifts. We're looking forward to a week at Tybee Island, too. Can't wait for that! See you at VBS!

Jill said...

That is a list to contend with.... and it sounds like a lot of fun. I did not tell you, but cute hair up Sunday! I might pick your brains this year, Stephanie is going into fifth...I am not quite believing it! I might check out some of those readers.

Deborah said...

well, i'll be taking care of a newborn! :) missed you at the shower but maybe i'll make it up to Wildwood sometime this summer to see you! enjoy your time off!!! don't do too much!
ps. where is craig working now?

Jeanne said...

I'd like to spend some time with you if you can fit me and the fam in as #12 on that list I'd love it! I really want to get my pictures of the last 4 years in an album :)