We all head off to school tomorrow morning. Connor starts Kindergarten, Caroline goes for her 2nd week of PreK3 at First Baptist Wildwood, and I'll start with my new batch of 5th graders. Tonight we went swimming in Mrs. Tina's pool next door and enjoying the last fleeting moments of summer. I took some video of the kids swimming with my new flip video camera given to me by my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Pam.
We have loved our summer break. Spending time at the beach, camping in the backyard, celebrating the boys birthdays, going to SeaWorld, having fun at VBS, learning how to swim in the neighbor's pool, eating popsicles with friends, staying up late watching movies, & so much more.
Caroline has loved school so far. She comes home everyday sharing some new rule that she has learned at school. Miss Rule Follower, I didn't know she had it in her. It helps having her best bud Jakey in there with her. Connor is excited about starting Kindergarten he met his teacher on Thursday and loved the fact that she had two baby frogs in a tank in the class. He just doesn't scare easy so once again I'll be the one crying tomorrow as I drop him off.
I'm thrilled to be back in 5th grade. I met my new students on Thursday. They really are a good group of students. I can't wait to share some cool reading strategies with them and read them a good book they can handle it unlike my 2nd graders last year. That's what I missed the most.
So I look forward to hearing more stories about what my children have learned and watching them develop. There is something so special about school time that I adore. I leave you with a new video from my flip video camera. It is of the kids showing off their swimming skills.
2 comments:
What a great accomplishment. Nanny is surely proud! Nice FLIP! Lovin' my own fifth grader this year too ! Have a great time.
Girl, you know Caorline is Jakey's rock! Praise the Lord for that girl!!! Loved spending the summer with y'all!
Post a Comment