Friday, April 24, 2009

Sensational, Scrumptious Squash!






We harvested our first vegetables from the garden this afternoon. Squash! We invited the McDonald's over because Joey knows how to stir fry the best squash and we needed a lesson. I must say it was delicious and it tasted even better knowing it came from our garden, our hard work. We've got lots of other goodies growing in our garden - I can't wait to try our green beans, peas, & watermelon to name a few.














6 comments:

Jill said...

So cool....I bet that squash was YUMMY! Nice looking garden...you guys have such green thumbs. By the way you looked so great at the wedding...way to go mommasita!

The Light's, party of 4 said...

Looks devine! We are just getting our squash in as well. I love it when our garden is plentiful. Enjoy the works of your labor.

Deborah said...

awesome!!!! i bet you all are so proud of yourselves!!! i love squash...i might have to find out he cooks it too!

Leslie said...

What a beautiful garden! That sure would be nice to have...

Denise said...

Holy canoley - what a garden! Geoff and I tried to grow green beans several years ago. We couldn't make it work - guess we just don't have a gardening thumb. Good luck with the rest of the harvest.

Jeanne said...

Hey you need to have me and my man and my chitrens over for some more squash! You've got me craving it! :)