Monday, November 10, 2008

Movie Night


Yesterday was very exciting at the Cannon house. Connor pooped in the potty for the first time! Who would have ever guessed I would be so excited about poop! To celebrate this monumental event Craig took Connor & Caroline to Wal-Mart so that Connor could pick out the movie of his choice. We had movie night last night with popcorn and blankets on the floor and lots of laughter. We enjoyed "Percy Takes the Plunge!" one of the Thomas & Friends videos.

Here's my dilemma and all you experienced potty trainers out there please leave a suggestion! As Connor sat on the potty today after lunch Caroline told me she needed to go poo-poo. I haven't really tried to train her because I didn't think she was ready and I'm still not convinced she is. Well she sat on the little potty and Connor sat on the big potty and I'll be danged if she didn't poop! All of the sudden I hear Connor saying, "Ewww . . . . I smell Caroline's poop!" I ran in there and sure enough that girl done gone number two! What do I do? Is she too young (22 months old) or should I just go for it? Let me know your opinion!

7 comments:

The Russ Family said...

Girl, I am not experienced, but I say GO FOR IT!! I've been trying to work on Drew. He usually tells me when he poops or pees and he knows what the toilet is for. (He hands me toilet paper and flushes for me. :-) ) But, everytime I put him on the toilet he screams. My goal is before the new baby.

Jeanne said...

Heck no you can't potty train that girl!!!!!!!!!!
You have to wait for Jake! hee hee
For real, if she's ready go for it. I've heard of kids training at 18 months...just not mine! Man girl, you'll be getting a raise!

lori said...

I say go for it with low expectations. She is a smart girl so she may be ready.

Hannah said...

Go for it girl! Get two little potties and hope for the best! My neices are 18 months apart and the youngest basically trained herself at the same time as her three year old sister! Girl, just think of it as a little gift from God!(-: Girls tend also to "train" themselves earlier!

What an exciting milestone! I am sure you won't know what to do when you don't have to buy diapers for three!!(-:

Leslie said...

We sometimes do movie nights as well. They are fun!
If Caroline went poopy, that is a big step. I would encourage her to try when you take Connor. If it works, that's 2 out of diapers! Good Luck

Deborah said...

I'm not experienced either but I say give it a try. what can it hurt? Just be okay with her deciding she doesn't want to I guess!!

The Light's, party of 4 said...

Go for it!! Abbie potty trained herself and was out of diapers when she turned two. Yipee for Connor! Boys are so hard to potty train.